Who are we?
CCA Family Day Care is a community based service which has been providing quality in home early childhood education since April 1977. We have qualified Educators operating in 22 suburbs in Sydney’s north west ranging from Gladesville in the East, Meadowbank in the South, to Epping in the North and North Rocks in the West. Based in Eastwood in the City of Ryde, the service offers flexible care options for children aged birth to 12 years.
We are a well established service with over 80 Educators who come from a diverse range of backgrounds and reflect the culture and needs of our local community. Their desire is to provide a quality service for all children and their commitment to the individual children in their care is inspiring.
All of our Educators are experienced early childhood practitioners who engage with the children through a programme of play, exploration and challenge. The service has 14 qualified staff in the Coordination Unit who oversee the day to day running of the programme and conduct regular on-site visits with all Educators.
The service is an approved service and partially funded by the Department of Education and Community. Our approved provider is Christian Community Aid which has been situated in the local area for over 45 years.
Family Day Care’s core business is providing flexible care options for young children but many of our Educators also provide care for school age children up to the age of 12 years including before and after school care and vacation care. Overnight and weekend care options are also available.
What do we offer Families?
- Full time Placement Officer to cater for all care enquiries, full enrolment process and annual re-enrolment documentation
- Administration support for all fee enquiries, Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate queries
- 24 hour emergency relocation service if the regular Educator is not available
- Transition to school programme and links to local school kindergarten teachers in the form of information evenings
- Qualified and quality compliant Educators
- Regular newsletters
- Referral to local community services if required
- Qualified dedicated Coordination Unit staff
- Opportunities to attend special events with their children such as park excursions, festive celebrations
Hours of Operation
Our Educators generally work from 7.30am through until 5.30pm. Core hours are an 8 hour day. Many Educators are flexible to fit in with parents needs. Care is available 7 days per week and on public holidays and special fees apply during these times.
The Coordination Unit operating hours are Monday, Tuesday and Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm, Wednesday and Thursday 8.30am – 6.00pm.
The Early Years Learning Framework
As part of our commitment to quality learning environments for children, Educators in the service use the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) as their guide in planning experiences for the children in their care. The learning outcomes encompassed in the framework ensure that your children receive quality programmes to enable them to learn and develop through play.
Educators programmes are responsive to the children’s interests, ideas, strengths and abilities and the focus is one of learning through play. Through the Framework’s five learning goals Educators will assist your child to develop:
- A strong sense of their own identity
- Connections with their world
- A strong sense of wellbeing
- Confidence and involvement in their learning and
- Effective communication skills
The National Quality Standards
All early childhood services in Australia undergo a rigorous assessment and rating process against the National Quality Standards. Services in New South Wales are assessed by officers from the Department of Education.
CCA Family Day Care was assessed during October 2012 and our service rating is currently “Working Towards”. A graph of how we rate against all elements in the National Quality Standards is available here.